Sunday, June 24, 2012


Hello, and Welcome to RetroGrannie Cooks!



Wow, my first blog post, and I'm as nervous as a wh... er, as a cat on a hot tin roof! Please bear with me as I muddle through the ins and outs of being a food blogger. If I make any mistakes, or you have any suggestions for me, please don't hesitate to email me, and let me know. But, please, play nice. If you can't say something nice (to me or other visitors), then don't say anything at all. Constructive criticism, however, is always welcome, but please email me with it.


OK, now that that's out of the way, let me introduce myself.  My name is René, or RetroGrannie, as I'm known in the food world. I'm actually not a Grannie, rather the term refers to my age...umm, nope, I'm not tellin ya!  :)  I live with my husband, the Magnificent Mr. T.  No, not THAT Mr. T, LOL, just my loving term for my loving hubby. (Yup, I'm totally suckin' up here!) 


We live in North Central Minnesota with Cookie the Cat and are surrounded by cousins, aunts and uncles. We spoil our nieces and nephews rotten when we see them, which isn't very often, because they are scattered all over the U.S. 


The Retro refers to the fact that I adore anything retro, vintage or antique. I'm a rummage sale fiend, and love to collect old kitchenware, utensils and the like. I love to cook and bake, and share the goods with family and friends. I don't always have success with what I happen to be making on any given day, but you can be sure that it's always made with love.


Here, I will share some of those successes and hope you get as much pleasure out of making and eating them as I do.  I'll be posting the first recipe real soon, so y'all come back now, y'hear?! (Sorry, my years living in the South just had to make an appearance)!









No comments:

Post a Comment